- Waitematā DHB is the largest District Health Board in New Zealand with a population of 630,000 people across the North Shore, West Auckland, and Rodney.
- Approximately 70,000 in our community are over the age of 70.
- Donations will be used to support the targeted response for those most vulnerable in our community, including older people and those with underlying health conditions.
- A significant challenge faced by North Shore Hospital and Waitākere Hospital is that vulnerable patients still need access to acute and chronic care, unrelated to COVID-19.
- We are now facing the reality that new models of care, outside of our hospitals, are needed. The development of virtual clinics and community-centred care for our most vulnerable is an urgent priority.